- (2 lbs) Ground Beef (with pork fat)
- (1 finely chopped) Onion
- (1 finely chopped) Green Bell Pepper
- (1 finely chopped) Tomato
- (1/4 cup) Pork Lard
- (1 minced) Garlic Clove
- (1) Bay Leaf
- (1/2 tsp) Crushed Oregano
- (3 oz) Capers
- (8) Pimiento-Stuffed Olives
- (1 Tbsp) Wine Vinegar
- (1/4 cup) Burgundy Wine
- (2-3 drops) Hot Sauce- Halopeno
- (1/2 tsp) Brown Sugar
- (dash) Nutmeg
- (1/4 cup) Water
- (to taste) Pink Himalayan Salt
1. Use a large skillet with cover
2. Heat pork lard and brown beef
3. Combine onion, green pepper, tomato, garlic, bay leaf, crushed oregano and capers
4. Add to meat in skillet. Mix well and cook covered for about 10 minutes on moderate heat.
5. Cut olives into thin rounds. Add to meat mixture along with the vinegar, tomato sauce, wine, hot sauce, sugar and nutmeg.
7. Stir well and cook 5 minutes uncovered.
8. Now add the water and mix well.
9. If salt is needed, add it at this point (the salt released from the olives may be sufficient).
10. Cover the skillet and cook at low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. If the liquid is not absorbed sufficiently at the end of 30 minutes, cook uncovered until the liquid evaporates.
Serve over rice and enjoy!