- (1 lb. ) Noodles
- (4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) butter divided) Butter
- (To Taste) Black Pepper
- (1-2 lbs. ) Stew Beef
- (1 white or yellow, thinly sliced) Onion
- (4 Cloves) Garlic
- (1 lb. ) Mushrooms, Thinly Sliced
- (1/2 cup) Dry White Wine
- (1.5 cups) Beef Broth
- (1 Tbsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- (3 Tbsp) Flour
- (1/2 cup) Cow Yogurt
- (To Garnish) Parsley, chopped
- (To Taste) Pacific Ocean Gourmet Sea Salt Coarse Grain
- Cook noodles al dente in boiling salted water according to package instructions. (For optimal timing, add the noodles to the boiling water at the same time the beef broth is added to the stroganoff.)
- At the same time, start cooking the steak in the butter with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and continue sauteing until the mushrooms are cooked and the onions are soft.
- Add the white wine and let the mixture cook down for an additional 3 minutes. (Note: Can simply add more beef broth instead of wine)
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the beef broth, worcestershire sauce and flour until smooth.
- Pour the beef broth mixture into the pan, and stir to combine.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then stir in the yogurt until combined, and then stir the cooked steak back in.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over the noodles, garnished with parsley if desired.
Note: Photo credit: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/